Tuesday, August 7, 2012

2012 Summer Olympics: August 7

5:00 p.m. - Comeback and upset complete.  Kessy and Ross advance.  The Brazilian girls might fist fight.  They looked pretty mad at each other.

4:30 p.m. - Took a break for grass-cutting and pizza.  Watched the USA Women's Volleyball team win, then caught the gold medal race in Women's Cycling Sprints.  Those two actually did come to a complete stop on the bikes.  I was so into it.  I need more cycling sprints.  Now it's Women's Beach Volleyball and Kessy/Ross are making a big comeback against Brazil, the top team.  And it's raining.

11:45 a.m. - USA just scored.  Why is overtime not sudden death?

11:40 a.m. - In a 9-8 game with one second left, I think USA just pulled a Chris Webber.  I guess we called a timeout without having possession.  Australia got a penalty throw and tied it 9-9.  Overtime.

10:55 a.m. - I was watching some horse stuff and didn't realize we had a USA/Australia Women's Water Polo gold medal game on NBC.  Water Polo beats horse stuff.   Also... the Saints have options at wide receiver.

10:15 a.m. - Since this basketball game is a 35-point blowout, can we just play our soccer team in the fourth quarter?

10:05 a.m. - I like the guy next to Canada's bench trying to get the boom mic as close to the coach as he can.  Sort of an event in itself.  "He hit her in the face that time.  He may fall out of medal contention after the penalty for face-hitting."

9:35 a.m. - You think we'll ever see H.O.R.S.E. in the Olympics?  That would be my favorite event.  I'd like it even more than that steeplechase thing I watched where the guys had to run through water puddles on what was basically an obstacle course for adults.

9:25 a.m. - Canada's hopes of avenging yesterday's soccer defeat by beating us in Women's Basketball have now diminished after this 23-8 start.

8:45 a.m. - FYI, I'm about to win a gold medal in coffee making.

8:25 a.m. - So the British guy won the gold medal in the triathlon.  But his little brother, who was running with him the whole way, had to take a 15-second penalty for not doing the bike transition thing correctly and ended up with the bronze.  Such a terrible blow to the sibling rivalry.  Could you see Thanksgiving (if they celebrated Thanksgiving)?  "I could've beaten you for the gold..." "Too bad you don't know how to park a bike." 

8:00 a.m. -  The cycling just got really cool, as they jumped off the bikes in their bare feet, put them on bike racks, put on new shoes and took off running.  Apparently I had just missed the swimming part.

7:40 a.m. - With these track heats, it's funny because you could set a world record in a qualifying run and then not even medal later.

7:30 a.m. - Outdoor cycling to start the day.  I like these outdoor races because I get to see London.

I am not an Olympics expert. I am a fan of baseball, football and basketball. I like to watch other sports, even if I do not know what is going on, and the Olympics are fun to watch. If my thoughts upset you in any way, feel free to comment or ignore me.

No comments: