Sunday, January 29, 2012

Indy Lights Drivers Running Strong

As I mentioned yesterday (day before? today? ...meh, see previous post about temporal confusion). <restart /> As I mentioned about a dozen hours ago, the Firestone Indy Lights series has some great representation in the Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona.  As of right now, 0951 EST, Jorge Goncalves is running P4 in the #6 DP car for Michael Shank Racing with Curb-Agajanian. I would LOVE to see him and his teammate Gustavo Yacaman end up on the podium, but they have Allan McNish in front of them. :S I think they'll need help from a mechanical issue for the Starworks Ford or for the Ganassi BMW. Not likely, but it could happen!

1 comment:

The Speedgeek said...

Those guys are hanging in there way better than I thought they would. Usually, you'd figure with 59 other cars on the track, young drivers find one to hit at some point, but they've really kept their heads about them and stayed out of trouble. Quite impressive.