Sunday, January 25, 2009

World Baseball Classic coming soon...












Now that the tennis is over, I'd like to take a quick second to talk about baseball.

I'm getting pretty excited about the World Baseball Classic. Rosters are due on February 24th and games begin on March 5th. We'll talk more about this event (and a lot more about MLB) as those dates draw near. It'll be really exciting to see if Japan can repeat and America can fare any better. The 2-1 loss to Mexico was quite disappointing.

This blogathon has been fun and if the WBC plays games around the clock at some point, I'd like to propose another 24-hour post fest. I'd actually try to stay up this time, possibly having to enforce a "no SNL" rule on myself.

More info soon...

Blogathon note: word verification is back!

2 comments:

PipSTA said...

And, it would be over a much shorter period of time, but you should also cover everything on Memorial Day weekend. Obviously, Monaco Grand Prix - Indianapolis 500 - Coke 600. But I'm sure that they'll be much more to add to that.

Mike said...

I'm down for this whenever. The problem is just that, as I'm sure you can tell, is that racing is not my specialty. I only know what Wedge has told me.