Sunday, February 15, 2009

2009 MLB Preview: Kansas City Royals

Kansas City Royals











IF (3/5) - This could be Alex Gordon's year. If he breaks out the way the Royals hope he does, this is a pretty good IF. Jacobs should hit some homeruns and Buck/Olivo are a good combo at catcher. DH Butler's average dropped a little last year.

OF (4/5) - I actually like this OF. They have 4 good players, but Teahan may be traded eventually. I guess we'll see if Crisp fits in and if Guillen plays 150 games, which he did the last two sesons.

SP (1.5/5) - Meche can pitch and I really like Greinke. I'm hoping he'll be good from this point on. After those two guys, there are some serious questions here.

RP (2/5) - Soria and Mahay are good, but I think Farnsworth is declining. He and Carlos Rosa are key here.

Wildcards: Rosa, Hudson, Ka'aihue

Can they beat the Brewers? Depends on who is pitching.

[Disclaimer: I do not claim to be an expert on your team. I think it's fun to do this stuff before a season starts and then see how close (or how far off) I was. If you spend time from your day insulting us, telling others to insult us, or posting in a blog or messageboard about how wrong our opinions are, then we are flattered!]

No comments: