Sunday, January 8, 2012

Charles Barkley SNL 2012: Overall Rating

2/5

Barkley seemed out of his element tonight and the writing felt very lazy in general.  The only two skits that I feel were above average (Inside the NBA and Lord Windermere) were not because of Charles Barkley.  I don't know if it had anything to do with starting late after the NFL playoff games, or if the lackluster music guest dimmed the mood, but I think this episode rarely showed much energy, from Barkley to the regulars.  Most disappointing of all is that we did not get a MacIntosh reunion in a Scared Straight skit.

It's been fun though.  Thanks to my spam commentators for reading!

1 comment:

The Speedgeek said...

Yep, right with you, Mike. 2 out of 5 for the whole show. Kelly Clarkson was not up to the general high standard that I set for her (oh, and you can ask Mrs. Speedgeek about that...she will tell you all about it), but I do like that she brought the lead singer from Midnight Oil out of retirement to play bass for her. Anyway, other than those two sketches that you mentioned, plus the White People Problems sketches, this was a major disappointment for me. Of course, shame on me for having any expectations of any sort of quality from SNL anymore. I should know better by now.

Thanks for the liveblog, Mike. A great way to ring in 2012 on GBS, for sure.