Sunday, January 25, 2015

Good Morning Race Fans (and Everybody Else)!

I've actually been up for a while, but am just now getting around to posting up a little something. When I went to bed last night, the #02 Ganassi Riley-Ford  had basically recovered from its early troubles, and the #5 Action Express Racing Corvette DP had just lost three laps to a fuel pressure issue of some sort, and things didn't look great for them catching back up. Just before I closed the laptop, somebody had suggested that the Action Express guys had done a "control-alt-delete" to get the car running again, which I wasn't aware was a solution that worked on cars. You learn something every day, so rather than risk learning TWO things in the same day, I turned it in for the night.

Anyway, I woke up to the following:

1. The #5 Action Express Corvette has not only gotten all of its laps back, but is currently leading with 5 1/2 hours to go. WHA? SORCERY!

2. I switched on the TV just in time for F1- and sportscar-legend (and the Grand Marshall of this year's Daytona 24 Hours) Jochen Mass to launch into a great "old coot rant" about how Formula 1 and sportscar racing have gotten too complicated for fans to follow and that the cars are too technically advanced. I enjoy these sorts of rants, because it provides some solid insight into the ranter. Mentally, I always substitute out "the fans" and substitute in "I" or "me". So, what Jochen Mass means is: "F1 and sportscar racing have gotten too complicated for ME to follow". Thanks, bud. Duly noted.

OK, it's time for a little breakfast. Hope everybody had a great night, and thanks to Mike for holding it down here (and suffering through a horrible "football" movie) for all of us.