Sunday, January 25, 2015

Mike's Blogathon Reviews


Soda

Judge Wapner Cola - 4/5 - Not at all grumpy or bitter like the master himself. Very sweet, actually.

Johnnie Ryan Root Beer (NY) - 5/5 - Consistently one of the best.

2nd Ave Rockin Root Beer (Rocket Fizz) - 5/5 - First time I've had this one, and it is definitely now in my Top 5. It's perfect in every way!

Spiffy Cola (Orca/WA) - 3/5 - This one is just average. The bottle and logo are cool, and it uses cane sugar instead of HFCS. But it still doesn't taste much better than an RC or Pepsi, unfortunately.

Americana Orange Cream Soda (Delicious Vintage) - 3/5 - Great orange cream flavor, but there is hardly any fizz. That's a deal-breaker for me. Can't recommend it, and it'd be closer to a 2 if it didn't taste so good.

Polar Root Beer (Polar Beverages/MA) - 2/5 - Not enough fizz or flavor. Not bad at all, but there are just so many better options.

Bedford's Root Beer (Orca/WA) - 1/5 - This one is just gross, and I'm kind of on a bad run now.


Beer

Abita Andygator - 5/5 - One of the best. After a trip to Louisiana last week, I have a few different Abitas for the weekend.

Abita Strawberry Harvest - 5/5 - Hall of Fame player. If I could go 6/5, I would. It's like drinking candy. Now in a can!

2 comments:

Allen Wedge said...

need to get my hands on 2nd Ave. and yeah Jonnie Ryan consistently amazing. So mad our local Wegman's stopped carrying their black cherry and cream soda brews. still have their root beer though.

Allen Wedge said...

Wait a sec, is 2nd Ave. a Tennessee brew? I see Music city on there.

also one of the ARFL brethren told me to check this one out for a good Minnesota brew: http://killebrewrootbeer.com/