Tuesday, March 10, 2009

2009 MLB Preview: Washington Nationals

Washington Nationals

IF (3/5) - Looks like Dunn will be in the OF with Johnson starting at 1B. Guzman is solid at SS and in the lead-off spot, though his OBP dropped a little last year. I like Zimmerman at 3B as well. Flores and Hernandez both are very promising.

OF (3.5/5) - Milledge is set in CF and it looks like Duke is set in RF. So if Dunn plays LF, that means Willingham and Kearns, each with starting experience, will be the 4th and 5th outfielders. Pretty good depth there. Willie Harris is in the mix as well.

SP (2/5) - Gets ugly here. Lannan is OK and Olsen has pitched well at times. Cabrera was supposed to be great at some point. I think I'm currently in the #4 slot. If you want the #5 slot, e-mail your resume to: we_need_pitchers@nationals.com.

RP (2.5/5) - I actually think there's some potential here. Hanrahan, Rivera, Shell, Mock, and Hinckley all may be OK. Still a couple of spots to fill. Plus they'll be working a lot, because if I'm the #4 pitcher, I'm only going 2-3 innings.

Wildcards: starting pitching

[Disclaimer: I do not claim to be an expert on your team. I think it's fun to do this stuff before a season starts and then see how close (or how far off) I was. If you spend time from your day insulting us, telling others to insult us, or posting in a blog or messageboard about how wrong our opinions are, then we are flattered!]

No comments: