Monday, March 16, 2009

NCAA Tournament Notes

OK, so I've had a chance to really look at the brackets and I have a few notes:

- Wow, how LSU fell! I predicted a 4-seed just a couple of weeks ago. Then they lose 3 of their last 4 and end up an 8-seed. I think the SEC is a little underrated this year and deserves more respect. I think a 6 or 7 seed was much more apporpriate.

- Speaking of LSU, I commented to friends last week that I was watching Butler play and thought LSU could beat them by 20. Now we'll get to find out in Round One!

- Wish we could see Stephen Curry this year. New rule: Elite Eight teams get automatic bids next year.

- I'll go ahead and join everyone else by saying: "St. Mary's got ripped off." I watched a few of their games and really thought they had a chance to make some noise. But...

- I'm tired of these "bubble teams" crying. Were you REALLY going to win this tournament? No. So what's the big deal?

- My Final Four: Lousiville, UConn, Duke, Syracuse. I now apologize to all four of those teams for guaranteeing they will not be alive by Monday. For what it's worth, I have Duke beating UConn to win it.

- I really wanted to pick Binghamton to win a game or two. Too bad they got Duke first... which means that they may actually win a game or two after all! America East, represent!

OK, that's all for now.

No comments: