Sunday, January 30, 2011

So I guess I'm gonna have to join the Army...

I mean, I'm over 30 and I only have one good eye, but hell... we must be desperate or something because these commercials won't stop.

Mom: Are you sure this is what you want to do with your life?

Kid: Yes, Mom, I've thought about it.  I want to be a part of something bigger than myself.

Mom (with knowing smile): Well, OK.  I just wanted you to be sure!

And you know, I've watched lots of college basketball this weekend without seeing this commercial.  So they're targeting the Rolex 24 crowd??  Really?

And it's all branches of the military!  Are they lining up outside the recruitment offices on the Monday after this race every year?  "Let me guess... you were watching Speed TV this weekend!  Welcome to the Army, son!  You're just who Uncle Sam is looking for."

No comments: