Sunday, January 26, 2014

11 Hours Down - Geeky Thoughts

It's been awfully quiet on my end thus far today. My sincerest apologies, everybody. I can only say that I've spent a lot of time watching a couple small children, and then the we took off out of the house for four full hours to grab dinner and then watch Mike's band rip the roof right off of a bookstore. It was an impressive sight.

Anyway, I've been able to get back in front of a screen for an hour or so now since giving up on getting beaten by Mike's kids at Mario Kart, so I'm a little more back up to speed on the 24 Hours. As predicted, the Corvette DPs have been strong, and as I write this, they hold four of the top-5 positions. One of the five "favored" Corvette DPs (see my Prototype preview to see which ones I'm referring to) is no longer running, due to Memo Gidley's massive accident in the #99 GAINSCO/Bob Stallings Corvette DP. The only interloper in the top-5 is the #02 Ganassi Riley-Ford EcoBoost, while the #60 Mike Shank Racing Riley-Ford EcoBoost is also on the lead lap in 6th. The #01 Ganassi car hit trouble a little while ago and is currently in the garage, 28 laps down. So, the question remains: can the Ford turbos continue to take the fight to the Corvettes in the second half of the race?

Meanwhile, the #911 and 912 Porsche 911 GTLMs run 1-2 ahead of the #56 and 55 RLL BMW Z4s, which run 3-4. The #4 and 3 Corvette C7.Rs run just behind in 5th and 6th, so that fight is far from over. The CORE guys lead LMPC, and Porsches run 1-2-3 in GTD.

There's still a long way to go. I think I'm going to get a little sleep, so that I can hit the ground running at 6:00 Central, when TV coverage comes back on (at least one of the Speedgeek offspring will have been up for 20-30 minutes at that point, so I'll be up anyway). See everybody in a few hours!

No comments: