Saturday, January 25, 2014

To storm the court or not?

We're about four minutes away from a potential upset (Miami at home over #2 Syracuse). Of course if Syracuse goes down, Miami fans will storm the court. And I'm cool with that. It's tough to know true rankings at this point in the year, but this is the system we use, and it's all we have. But where do we draw the line? Do you storm the court for upsetting the #3 team? What about #5? Or #10? #11?

Either way, it's fine with me. I like watching chaos on TV!

Of course, Syracuse now has a four-point lead, so this conversation is temporarily on hold. But maybe we'll see it at some point this weekend. In fact, this should be a category in next year's Blogathon pick 'em challenge: number of times the crowd storms the court.

2 comments:

Allen Wedge said...

I guess 3

Mike said...

I'd be down with Top 5, I think. At least in January. The closer to March, the further down the rankings I'd allow!