Saturday, January 30, 2010

Of catheters, Nazis and the Emery Cat

Hey, everyone. Chris Estrada here from Indy Racing Revolution and FoxSports.com, trying to keep warm as Old Man Winter proceeds to kick Maryland in the groin once more.

I haven't been able to watch a lot of this Rolex 24 due to the fact that we're getting a lot more snow then we bargained for up here. We were all thinking the storm was gonna blow out to sea, but around noon or so today, I made the horrific discovery of snowflakes falling outside my current place of residence. Seven hours later, it's still coming down and I've been out twice cleaning it up -- only to have it pile back up while I'm gone. My boss tried to get me to come into Baltimore so I can help shovel the real estate complex I work at, but if the county calls your house and tells you to stay off the roads...well, sorry, boss. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow when the Interstate is open again. Not only that, my cousin and her husband were coming back from visiting family in West Virginia when the storm hit. They're now holed up in Hagerstown for the night.

Anyway, from what I've been able to see, the race hasn't been all that great -- although as of this post, we've got an IndyCar driver at the front as series champ Dario Franchitti leads the pack. So while this drags on, I'm gravitating toward the ads that we're seeing on the Rolex 24 telecast.

Is it just me or are we seeing some freaky stuff?

I didn't see the spot for home catheter delivery (thanks, @SteveP_83 on twitter), but I saw the ominous Time Life spot for their latest DVD, "The Nazis." I couldn't help but feel very weirded out seeing this, of all things, being promoted on a racing telecast. It's just very strange that there was a 60-second spot for a movie about one of the most horrible political regimes in human history in the middle of a event that's, more or less, family-friendly.

Not only that, there was the voiceover: "WATCH ORDINARY GERMANS TURN INTO KILLERS! (thanks, @TheRealStickman on twitter)" "300 SPINE-CHILLING MINUTES!" "STARE INTO THE FACE OF EVIL...JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T BLINK!" At least it was all balanced out eventually by the all-powerful sunshine of Emery Cat.

I'm a dog person, but even I must bend my knee to the Emery Cat.

Bookmark and Share

1 comment: